What is Shradh?Ritual or deed performed respectfully for the ancestors is termed as ‘Shradh’. We are born due to presence of our parents and likewise, they are born because of their parents. After their death, we call them ancestors (Pitr). Our religious Gurus have designated one whole month for these ancestors (Pitra) and this duration is known as Pitru Paksha. During this time period, we bath, meditate, perform Tarpan and make donations for showing devotion toward our parents, paternal and maternal grandparents and for other ancestors. It is said that by accepting rituals done by children, ancestors bless them to achieve longevity, knowledge, fame and courage. On the other hand, if these rituals are not performed by the present generation, they get curse from the forefathers and lead a struggling life.
Pitru Dosha / Pret Badha
Possible Problems Due To Pitru Paksha
Pitru Dosha Yoga
- Moon’s conjunction with Rahu, Ketu or Saturn (curse from mother’s side).
- Sun’s conjunction with Rahu, Ketu or Saturn (curse due to father or paternal side).
- Conjunction of Mars with Rahu or Ketu (curse due to brother).
- Jupiter’s conjunction with Rahu or Ketu (curse by Guru or saint).
- Conjunction of Venus with Rahu or Ketu (curse of Brahmin or any scholar person).
- Positioning of Moon in eighth house along with Rahu-Ketu or Saturn, gives results in serious Pret Badha.
- Residing of eight house lord in ascendant or residing of ascendant lord in eight house is also deathly.
- Positioning of Rahu-Ketu-Saturn or Mars in fifth house also leads to Pitru Dosha.
- If Ketu alone resides in fifth house and is not aspected by benefic planet, the native kills the infant in their womb.